Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Loving the season


Virginia weather has taken me a while to get used to, but I must say, the spring is awfully nice.
My friend and I took our daughters to a strawberry patch this morning.  Wow! 


I've never been to a field to pick fresh produce before, and it was amazing!  


There was hardly anyone out there.  Just us in a huge strawberry field in the middle of green forrest land.  Red berries everywhere.  So fun.  


They had a little store to the side that was selling blueberry yogurt covered pretzels.  Now that is a recipe I am in need of.  Do any of you know how to make that type of yogurt?  You know the kind that you can dip things in and it dries, but melts in your mouth?  If you do, please share!  I will be looking for one.  If I find one I will definitely let you guys know!


4 comments:

andreamichelle said...

I'm guessing that you would add wax, like they do in chocolate covered candies, to hold up shape...not sure on a recipe...just guessing....i'll go google it! :)

My name is Lydia said...

wow... adding wax, that's intense...ly AWESOME!!

andreamichelle said...

here is a recipe i found on recipezaar.com, nothing about wax- i guess i'm just silly...:). I don't know if it's a good recipe though, since I just found it.

10 dozen small pretzels
2 cups yogurt
5 cups confectioners sugar

1.preheat oven to 250 f
2. In a large mixing bowl, mix confectioners sugar into yogurt 1 cup at a time with a hand blender.
3.dip pretzels one at a time into yogur mixture, and place them on a wire cooling rack.
(place a cookie sheet under to catch extra frosting that will drip from pretzels)
4.Once all the pretzels are done, turn oven off and place the wire rack and cookie sheet in the oven leaving the oven door open slightly. The excess heat will help dry the frosting faster without leaving the pretzels soggy.
5.allow frosting to harden for 3-4 hours, remove from oven and store in an airtight container for up to 3 days.

Marie said...

wow, that field looks amazing! We used to pick apricots in an orchard with my grandparents, but I don't know of anything like that around here.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails