Saturday, April 2, 2011

April Fools Re-cap

I rarely play April fool's tricks.
But after reading about this idea here
(originally found in the book Hello Cupcake
thank you Karen Tack and Alan Richardson!)

I couldn't resist playing this trick on my kids ;)

I started with some whole wheat muffins 

But topped them off with candy
so we could have a "healthy" dinner

of carrots and peas,

potatoes with butter and gravy,


and spaghetti and meat balls ;)

Mmmm!
The kids found it... interesting! ;)

Happy April Fools!

-CK


9 comments:

Kristina P. said...

I own that book and I've always wanted to do these!

Emily said...

Fun! I bet your kids loved it!!

Anonymous said...

this is like, the cutest idea and post ever! Haha, it's brilliant!

Pearl Maple said...

oh that is too cool
what a fun way of celebrating April

Unknown said...

I cannot get over those cupcakes! Those look amazingly fun!! Thanks for stopping by for my special SITS day. :)

Vicky said...

Fooled my eldest, who was being nosey over my shoulder. "Yuck, peas & carrots on a cake!" x.

Liz said...

What are the carrot pieces?

CK said...

@ Liz green skittles and orange starbursts cut into fourths

Bhg Live Better said...

Nice bblog you have

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails