Thursday, June 30, 2011

Modista Modesta Sewing Group

Wow.  Wow.  Wow.

I am completely floored by the amazing work Sonia Barton and her church sewing group has accomplished.


After printing the full color pages at Staples using some saved, rewards coupons,
this group got together and produced 15 Handmade-for-Haiti books in 2 hours!!!


I am so grateful that I met Sonia through a SITS tribe group online.
She runs a fantastic blog called Modista Modesta where she features the many craft designs and sewing projects she works on as she currently goes to fashion school.


I am so grateful that she and her sister took the initiative to plan and organize this sewing group.


15 books in one night.  Fantastic!


We need 50 books to provide one for each of the children ages 2-6 living in the Croix des Bouquets orphanage in Haiti.


I have another group volunteering through my local community center to cut glue more pages and cardboard together next week.  
This will help us produce even more books and I am so excited!!


Please check out our new page devoted to the Handmade-for-Haiti project.


Like I say on this new page, I truly feel like this project has been divinely inspired and every time I feel a little distracted or discouraged by it, the Lord sends some help or prompts me along through the encouragement of others.  

Thank you all for your support and help!!!

-CK

6 comments:

My name is Lydia said...

wow, this is totally cool, i am amazed!!

the sleepy time gal said...

So cool!!!!!

My name is Becka said...

I hope these ladies how wonderful this is. They very literally are helping this come true. 15! That's 15 books that will go into little hands.

They are wonderful!

Vicky said...

Well done ladies. x

Sonia Valdez said...

It was great to be able to help. Everyone that attended was so happy to help. The images of the book really helped each one connect to where they will be going.

Jocelyn Christensen said...

Ohthat is so great!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails