Thursday, July 7, 2011

Her 90th Birthday!

My friend, Marjorie, turned ninety last week.  
Wow.  
And she is still as spunky as ever.

My daughter and I wanted to make a gift for Marjorie for her special birthday.  This is what we came up with:


We strung large fresh-water pearls on strong elastic.  I figured a stretchy bracelet would be much easier for her to put on than a tiny clasp.  We accented it with a rose colored cut bead.

This was our inspiration.  


Do you remember when I mentioned my first piece of jewelry with real pearls?  This was a gift from one of my best friends for my bridal shower.

I love it.
So simple, so lovely.

~~~

And the first dream bracelet available in the shop!  


They were first mentioned here.
This one wraps an average wrist about 4 or 5 times.  

More to come!

-Becka

4 comments:

My name is Lydia said...

You are so creative! I love that you make homemade gifts! These are lovely.

Papgena Made It said...

90 years?! Very special indeed!! and your gift is special too!

Liz said...

You are so thoughtful! I think it's so lovely.

the sleepy time gal said...

i LOVE it! they all are so beautiful. i'm on my way to see your shop.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails