Tuesday, September 6, 2011

50 Books for Croix des Bouquets- Our goal reached!

 Hi blogging friends, 

I just wanted to let everyone know that earlier this week I sent off 50 handmade books to Abundant Ground for the Croix des Bouquets orphanage! 

A big thank you to everyone who participated in the project!-
Including a local girl's camp that finished it all off!

The week before the girl's camp, a different service project fell through for them.  The camp leaders contacted me and asked me if the Haiti project might work well as a last minute substitute. 
(Tatiana, the girl's camp leader)

We scrambled about to get printing prices at local stores and we rounded up scissors and sewing machines for groups of 30+ girls.  We got the service underway and I am so excited about the results.


The girls did great cutting, gluing and sewing.


For many of the girls, it was their first time learning how to use a sewing machine.  But we had a couple of expert seamstress help out and everything turned out great.


I was so grateful to see the girls put in so much effort!
 

And I am so grateful for the outcome! 

The girl's were so willing and they were all so fun to be with. 
Such a beautiful spirit was there.
Again, I feel like the Lord had a hand in this project, making everything work out.

 
I will share any follow-up report I get from Stephanie Victor.
Again, thank you to everyone who contributed to the service project!  
I had so much fun doing the drive, I'd totally do it again!
-CK

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is so awesome! Congrats on reaching your goal.

I hope, CK, you are doing well and hanging in there with respect to deployment. One day at a time, and one day closer to the end. :)

Vicky said...

Yay! congratulations on reaching your goal!

Donna Perugini said...

I'd love to see pictures at the Haiti end in the future. What a lot of effort and people pulling on the oars together!

You're amazing, CK!

Sonia Valdez said...

How wonderful. What a great Camp service project.

Jocelyn Christensen said...

That is soooo wonderful!

Bri said...

that's great, I'm so glad that you were able to work with the YW. It's one of my favorite jobs.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails