Thursday, February 17, 2011

S'more Pie



If you've been reading this blog for a while, you'll know that I like s'mores.  S'mores and chocolate.
I like s'mores.
And chocolate.

Okay.  Now that I have said that several times under my breath just to calm my fluttering heart, I'd like to introduce you to a wonderful wonderful recipe:
I found this recipe one day while reading The Pioneer Woman (I really like that blog).  This recipe isn't actually one of The Pioneer Woman's, but she links to it.  It comes from The Noshery.

Oh boy, this is a grand pie.
Go and take a look.  Please?!  Pretty Please?
Just go and look at the pictures.  They are pretty, and the recipe is simple.  
Did you go look?  Did you see that one picture with the chocolate filling drowning in toasted almonds and chocolate chips?  This is no regular pudding pie!  This thing has crunch!
I actually made this pie back in November, that is when the picture above was taken, and oh my, I think I will need to make another.

On a related note, I'd like to say that I made a cheesecake last week.  Yup, my very first cheesecake.  I had no idea those things are so dang expensive to make.  No wonder they cost so much at restaurants.  First off, this thing called for 5 packets of cream cheese.  5.  Ok, just in case you are wondering while you are sitting there licking the crumbs from the very last slice, How many packets of cream cheese did you just eat?  5.
And it calls for 6 eggs.  6!  I had no idea cheesecakes were made out of half a dozen eggs and a shell.  Okay, not the shell, I dug it out with my fingers, don't put egg shell in your cheesecake.  That would add a very very bad crunch.  Add it all together and throw in a few more ingredients and you have a whole lot of cheesecake filling.  Little did I know that the difference between a 7 inch springform pan and a 9 inch is actually quite significant.  I filled up 6 cupcake molds, a tiny breadpan, and the bottom of a big bread pan because my filling didn't all fit in the 7 inch.


I concede that this plain ol' cheesecake was divine when finished off properly.  I like to eat my cheesecake frozen and topped with something sweet.  The above picture is how it turned out.  I think next time I'll try some type of layered recipe with chocolate and peanut butter.

mmmmm

-Becca

3 comments:

My name is Lydia said...

um, YUM!!!!!!!

Vicky said...

Cheesecakes do use a scary amount of cheese. But they taste so yummy.
I've recently started satisfing my sweet cravings with nutella & marshmallow fluff on toast. So Smore pie is tempting me... alot!.x

Papgena Made It said...

yummy!!
that is tempting!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails